Source for Micore 300 in SE MI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mstoelton

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2013
SE michigan
Anyone know of a local source for Micore 300 in metro Detroit area?

I can get it from Amazon, but the price is high and I don't need as much as the minimum purchase amount.

Might check around and see if you can get some Roxul RockBoard (R=4.1/in.) in your area as an alternative or some Fiberfrax-Duraboard (R=2.2/in.) : http://www.fiberfrax.com/files/Fiberfrax-Duraboard.pdf

Check with acoustic isolation companies as well as insulation companies and the big box stores.

Would the Roxul Rockboard, or the fiberfrax Duraboard be acceptable as an underlayment material for a tiled hearth extension?

Yes, in Rockboard you'll want the higher density version if available.

Hi, I posted a thread earlier today about Micore 300. If you don't mind it coming in two foot pieces you can order 20x72 sheets of 1/2" board for $37.45 each from mantelcraft.com and it will ship to you. My two sheet order is coming via UPS.

If you have any used office supply or building supply stores you can try to find old office cubilce walls. Most are made with fabric covered Micore 300. It will look like pressed newspaper but will have Micore stamped on the panel. I got a 5x5 panel (so two 5x5 sheets) for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.