Source of Boiler Water Treatment Chemicals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickh1001

Jun 4, 2008
upstate NY
First off, I have no connection whatsover to this company, nor am I certain everything is working properly. However, I have measured the pH of the boiler water to be about 8-9, and they do advertise to reduce the dissolved oxygen levels to be insignificant.

The company I bought my water treatment chemicals from was:

www.BoilerandCoolingWater.com

The product comes as solid granules, in a 500mL or so plastic jar. I added two to my 500+ gallon storage tank before filling. As I recall, the price for two jars was something around $60 or so. They say one jar will treat 500 gal of water, and overtreatment couldn't hurt, so I put in two jars. Anyways, this source seems to be an economical way to treat the boiler water, without a lot of liquid mess. No recommendation, but so far, it seems much cheaper than some of the liquids available at various supply houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.