Southern Burners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
liston said:
Central North Carolina, near Siler City. Heating 2400 sf with a Hearthstone Heritage seems to work just right. From November all the way through April. I'm from Minnesota, so I do realize that this is not "Winter" with a capital W. But it gets cold, teens at night and highs in the 30s, 40s. Here we have four actual seasons that each last 3 months. A real spring lasting 3 months, can you imagine that? In Minnesota we went directly from winter to summer. Unless you call that one week in May where the snow melts "spring." ;-)

In a southern spring the glorious thing about a woodstove is having windows open and the stove going. You can hear the birds singing, feel a slight breeze and smell the flowers, and still be toasty warm. Because we have free wood, it's pure luxury. It's nice for "poor folk" to have a little luxury. (although how can I call myself poor when I have free wood, right?)
Liston, I can only imagine that climate right now but I'm counting the days when I get to experience it myself. Getting out of FL ASAP!! :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.