Speeco stands behind their product

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

A few weeks ago, I had posted pictures of the wedge on my 28-ton Huskee that had bent while while splitting some oak. Here is an email I sent to the Speeco rep: "Kent, I received the new wedge the other day and wanted to thank you. On a broader note, I found you to be courteous, professional and responsive through the process, which is a rarity in today's business world. It is even more rare to see a company stand behind its product like Speeco did. I will not hesitate to recommend Speeco/Huskee to anyone who is in the market for a log splitter. Thanks again"

I still subscribe to the theory that products should be built to last and do the job for which they were designed, with price coming in second. However this is not the first time I've heard stories about SpeeCo stepping up to the plate and taking care of the customer. Glad to hear it went well.

Good for them. You know what would be even better than standing behind their product is if they made a product that wasn't easily broken or damaged by it's intended use. . .

Ja, I have to stand on the build it better side of the debate for several reasons. Warranty fulfillment leaves you at the mercy of whatever service rep you make your claim with. There is often downtime associated so a potential loss of use. Folks will often buy a splitter on sale and not need to use it for a long time with the clock ticking away the warranty period.

I've seen many different parts of a splitter fail, but I've never seen a bent wedge. Out of curiosity, do you have a picture that you can post of this?

If you guys remember when he first posted about that bent wedge I reminded everyone about the bent beam feet episode that went around a couple yrs ago. I have a friend that has had his beam assembly replaced 3 xs. It was a huge topic on AS. Basically its all about maintaining price point. Build a good product to start with and then slowly every year back off on the quality with Chinese replacement parts.

Glad they took care of you Rich. And thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.