Splitter Storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
I've got a Husky log splitter I resurrected from abuse...I'd like to keep in in my garage thats attached but kind of lack the storage. For now. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but does anyone stores theirs vertical?

Last edited:
I store mine verticle. Maybe thats why I seem to get air in it?

In your hydraulic fluid?

I occasionally experience no movement of the cylinder when moving the hydraulic lever back for a return.
This is after replacing the valve, pump, suction hose etc.

I've stored my 31 ton MTD vertically for months at a time and never had an issue.

I had it near my stacks at the edge of the yard / woods one winter covered with a tarp. Mice built a nest in the engine blower housing and ate the ground wire between the ignition coil and kill switch. One pull of the rope and that flywheel turned intself into a nifty blender right quick. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.