Splitting a flue/both of mione are used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningNH

Jun 8, 2008
Southern NH
Hi All - newbie question here - Wife wants a pellet stove in the basement, have a 2 flue chimney with a Lopi freedom bay in the up-staris fireplace (I do 7 cords there during the winter) and an oil burner (that I desperately want rid of) in the basement. She wants a pellet stove in our finished basement - I'm out of flues - any thoughts on how to deal with this are appreciated...
Thanks Chris

Pellet stoves can be vented straight out the wall since they have fans to help the exhaust. You may be able to run the pipe up to the sill plate and out. Down load some pellet stove manuals and check out the install spec's.

Status
Not open for further replies.