Splitting some Uglies (with plenty of pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzzie Gumtree

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2012
Just got a 28 ton log splitter and thought it would be a good opportunity to split all the rounds that were in the too hard to split by hand basket.

It was a lot easier with the splitter but still took some time. I've had to make a new area to store the splits as this will be for winter 2018. It makes for some interesting stacking I wont be going to high as the stability even with stacking 3 rows to a pallet is a little suspect. I have enough room for 10 pallets.

I also managed to knock the end of my old stack down as i went past with the pallets - top tip don't stack 7 foot high even when you have run out of room. I am about half way through the hard pile - i didn't realise there was so many. Also managed to find a Grub - its a big one so thought you might enjoy.

Bug 1.jpg Bug 2.jpg Collapse 2.jpg Collapse.jpg stack 1.jpg Stack 2.jpg Stack 3.jpg

Reactions: Billybonfire
I was just thinking to myself "If you are finding live grubs in your wood, why do you need wood"... then I realized that you are in Australia. I think the subzero temps are causing a bit of brain freeze. ;lol

Despite the wonky stacks, they still look good! ==c

Don't you wish you could find grubs this time of the year Sinngetreu? ;lol

Although, I will admit, that's a pretty big grub. I can only imagine the bass that would go for that!

Although, I will admit, that's a pretty big grub. I can only imagine the bass that would go for that!
My chickens will fight your bass for it!

Reactions: Sinngetreu
Status
Not open for further replies.