1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    Could be. I use a maul myself. I could split with an ax if I had to, but it wouldn't be my tool of choice.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tradergordo

tradergordo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Phoenixville, PA
    Still learning the art of using the dutchwest/everburn, but its been working well. Heats the whole house better than I could have ever anticipated to tell you the truth (upstairs bedrooms get plenty of heat but the room the stove is in doesn't get baked out). I've been experimenting with longer burn times. I still don't know what qualifies as "burn time" but I've gotten 10 hours with stovetop still warm and enough hot coals to light a new fire with no fire starters or paper or kindling. Still haven't packed it with the hickory I have been saving, so I think I could get longer burn times. I've also been real happy that the wife has taken a liking to the stove already, she had the fire going before I got home from work one night last week which is a nice little milestone for a new wood burning family :)
  3. jldunn

jldunn New Member

Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    I do better with the lighter myself, but I'm on the physically weaker side.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.