Spring is here....?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline

Burning Hunk
Oct 29, 2009
Oregon
Woke up this morning on the 3rd day of Spring. I'm not sure it's helping the new stack of wood dry!

DSC_8816.jpg

DSC_8819.jpg

DSC_8818.jpg

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
Its 75 and sunny here! :p

Reactions: ScotO
Smokinj,

Sounds like you have some good cutting / milling weather. I can't really complain, it beats the heck out of rain which is the norm and the snow helps beat the brush down in the woods.

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
Woke up this morning on the 3rd day of Spring. I'm not sure it's helping the new stack of wood dry!

Right there w/you Skyline...got about 4-5" this am. Unreal.

Looks like our summer weather is about to end but no winter weather in sight. The west should start heating up a bit soon except for the high elevations. Some of those take until July to warm up much.

80 degrees this afternoon, still in the mid 60's right now at 10:30PM! This has been a winter season to remember here in the northeast! I can only wish we had gotten any real snow this past winter. I'm really dissappointed!

I wouldn't mind 75*, that it normally never gets that hot here. Was -3* this morning and got up to a "warm" 23*... Can't complain too much though, was a high of -40* up on the slope.

We have slept with the windows open for the past three nights!!!! It was 81 yesterday

We have slept with the windows open for the past three nights!!!! It was 81 yesterday

Same here. Cant believe its been 80 or higher almost all week. Was 87 in Ashland on Wed. Came home and it was over 90° inside the house (lots of Solar gain). I actually had to turn on the Central air....... Thats the earliest thats ever happened. I can normally hold out until the end of May/begining of June. Insane weather.

Once again Skyline, amazing pics.... (you call yourself an amateur? I see nothing but Pro ;) ) Thanks for sharing.

Oh well, I guess I will have to just enjoy the photos and dream; it seems summer is almost here in Maryland, and it isn't even April! We haven't even had Mud Season yet. The Daffodils are starting to fade, and my fruit trees are all blossoming--if we get a freeze, there goes any chance for harvest.

I agree with DexterDay, Pro shots! I wish my camera would make me a better photographer:(

:):) Gonna' B 24::F Monday night:):)

The dawg and I can't wait to hear all the whiners()

We got 3.5 inches of snow. I've used quite a bit of wood this month, more than a normal March. I think I am going to run out of this year's wood around April 1, and have to break into 2012-2013 wood a bit. Great pictures!

Last year, we did not hit 80* until mid June. You guys east of the Rockies have it made this year, while we get all your weather!

Thanks to all for the "nice pic" comments. The day of the snow the UPS driver wouldn't come down the driveway so he used my splits to keep my package dry.

The snow is gone and supposed to reach 62 today and the wood will resume drying!

DSC_8877.jpg DSC_8867.jpg DSC_8873.jpg

Getting pretty warm here now too. 34* right now... I'm burning up !!

Pear's are in full bloom....
Gonna be in the mid to upper 20's on Monday night. Crazy weather

Attachments

• 2012-03-24_18-19-21_332.jpg
    2012-03-24_18-19-21_332.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 89
Thanks Bigfoot, I liked your idea of using the shot gun for my widow maker, I'm just not sure the neighbors would appreciated it!!

We're getting a freeze tonight. Peaches have blossomed, so no peaches this year:(

Sorry, Sue, if you don't know Imus . . . but . .. I gotta ask . . . Are your peaches fuzzy?

Sorry, Sue, if you don't know Imus . . . but . .. I gotta ask . . . Are your peaches fuzzy?
??
Well no, not yet...but they would be if they were to develop. Otherwise would be nectarines. What is Imus?

He's a NY shock Jock. One of his 'old' favorite lines was to ask some telephone interviewees the above question. Funny the first few times in an immature sorta way.

Anyhow . . . I hope the peach crop don't get wrecked. I like good peaches, but by the time they make it up here to NY, they don't taste anything like the ones you can get at a roadside stand in the South.

Status
Not open for further replies.