Spring wood score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
I found a place today that gives away all there cut offs and scrape. The place is a wood timber framing mill. Is a small shop but a lot of wood. A guy I work with told me about the place so I stoped there this afternoon after work. I talked to the owner, and he said i could take what i wanted inside the bins and in one pile. They have small kindling, slab wood, big and small cut offs. There is alot of Pine, Cedar and Oak. I only had my mini van and was able to take just a little tonight.

Attachments

• DSCN0726.JPG
    DSCN0726.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 380
Nice score,but won't you miss the mess that the bark provides? :p

Great score! only drawback I see is that it might be hard to stack. Be careful if its kiln dried, might burn hot as he!!

Nice, I use to get similar chunks like that from a pallet manufacturer. They dried quickly due to the lack of bark.

Is that a mini-basketball, a camera-perspective optical illusion, or is everything else in your yard huge?

Status
Not open for further replies.