Squeaky auger??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamInVa

Minister of Fire
Jun 14, 2011
Eastern, Virginia
My auger has started making a rather loud squeaking noise. It only does it every so often.

I remember reading that graphite powder would help.

I am going out to dinner tonight and was going to swing by lowes or HD if they have it?

Anyone know?

the y may have it , check where keys are made there, graphite is comonly used to lubricate locks so tumblers wont stick. i KNOW my local TSC has it so if lowes or depot dont check your local TSC or ather farm/fleet type store.

Too quiet my sons Englander I took both Augers out and sanded the edges of the Auger that can rub ..the castings are rough and after some applied dry Graphite she is quietly making NICE HEAT!

This is one of those threads that I personally love............

"Just one more reason to buy a wood stove," was my immediate reaction.

No offense meant or nothing, but .............

-Soupy1957

:) Did that last year, waited till hopper was almost empty, dumped 2 oz in and has not squeaked since. Ordered from local hardware store but found the bottle and ya can go here and check out who sells their brand and get some: http://www.panefproducts.com/dry-powders.htm

oh Soupy1957, its just a little easier than sharpening my ax, did you get lost in the wrong forum, no offense, just saying...

soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

IMO, There are equal advantages/disadvantages to both a wood stove and a pellet stove. Most all of us see that.

It just depends on what fits your life.

My pellet stove has a programmable thermostat. When I get home from being at work all day my house is a warm 72 degrees. Dump a fresh bag in and i'm good for another 36 hours or so. Then I go play with my kids. :)

soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

If you aren't in the pellet forum to help, well, don't be in the pellet forum.

BrotherBart said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

If you aren't in the pellet forum to help, well, don't be in the pellet forum.

Agreed BB. Soupy only comes here and makes negative comments. Did they throw him out of the hearth room?

ducker said:
maybe he's thinking of picking up a pellet stove and doing some research :)

I think he is just worried that the day is coming when he will have to do something other than tend his beloved wood stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.