St Croix auger feeds continuously, big pile of pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuts! -- I was getting ready to solder the triac to the board but my little guy accidentally kicked the power switch with his hefty size 3 and it cracked right off -- here's a picture of the broken switch -- any chance one of you folks would know where to order a replacement switch ? It's the RUN/OFF switch on the right side of the board.

P1120268.JPG

Hello, im calling from Sweden and this is my first post..=)
i found this post and i have also problems with my St.croix aftonbay that is from about 2000 something?

Anyway i have problem with my control board(Analog knob board)
the auger motor turns on too much on low settings, it is ok on setting 1 but when you turn up the settings the auger feeds to much pellets to the stove
if i turn of the 220v to the stove then it seams to work fine for a while?
i need to find out what part that controls the settings 1 to 6?
it is the same control board that you see in this post.
im sorry for my bad english but i hope you guys and girls understand what i write?

Doger..=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doggy, maybe your stove is feeding pellets correctly but the air flow is restricted so burnpot overflows on anything above #1 setting. Plenty of helpful tips on this forum to help cleanout St Croix stoves to burn like new again, and worth trying

Doggy, maybe your stove is feeding pellets correctly but the air flow is restricted so burnpot overflows on anything above #1 setting. Plenty of helpful tips on this forum to help cleanout St Croix stoves to burn like new again, and worth trying

Thanx for the reply..=)
The auger Control Board have 3 different cycles, one is about 8.5 second and one is about 10.5 sec and 12 sec
cycler can be changed by moving a device that short-circuits between the different pins on the card.

my card is adjusted to 8.5 seconds, that is when the total time the auger motor is running, ie 8.5 seconds between the LED lights up.
at position number 1 will light the LED approximately 1.5 seconds and off 7 seconds and stove works very well.

but then to position 2 so increases the time the light is on for 5 seconds and the time it is turned off is 3.5 seconds, a total of 8.5 seconds
this 5 seconds is to mutch and the stove is heating like like i living in hell,,=)
so i need to figure out why it is on 5 sec instead of about 2,5 sec that should be normal?

stove I have completely renovated a few years ago and I clean it
every week, and disassembling the stove every year and clean the fans and lubricates everything
when the stove was renovated, I built the fan blowers of sliding bearings to ceramic ball bearings, also built the control board with some relays and time relays and more, so the stove is wireless remote thermometer and even a function that starts the heater, when it becomes colder than minus 10 degrees outside, this may I adjust depending on the temperature I want it to start.
I have a heat pump that heats the house to about minus 10 degrees then start the pellet stove automatic, so it can help the heat pump to heat the house, now this is oftopic,,=)

Merry Christmas

Try putting jumper on middle 2 pins, that should be original 11.5 second cycle time and see if heat settings 2 - 5 now work better. Each heat increment should only add half a sec or so, not several seconds! Good luck.

Attachments

• 1450796191306.jpg
    1450796191306.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 119
Good Idea, I will try that..:)
but i have a old analog control board, some time ago i fund a manual on my old card on the Internet, but i cant find that info anymore?
i dont know if my card has the same pins like in the photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.