St. croix back draft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbike

Oct 11, 2009
Michigan
We are purchasing a pellet stove, and are trying to decide between a St. Croix or a Harmon. Harmon talks about back draft protection, but I cannot find this on any forum from St. Croix.
Should this be a deciding factor, does St. Croix handle this in a different way?

With powered draft, this is usually not an issue. Install the stove with a straight up flue and this should be of minimum concern.

Would this be concern for thoes with out OAK and short direct vents in the event of a power outage, draft is lost and exhaust take the path of least resiatance back into the house?

Would the OAK or a good tall vent resolve his concern?

I have a afton bay st. croix and have a straight out run of 26" and then a 45 degree elbow for a end cap. We have had many power outages and i had very little if any smoke come back into the house. It always helps to go out ad up but i tried it this way and it works just fine... I have no oak.. stove works very nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.