St. Croix control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roachy20

Nov 21, 2011
Shelton, CT
I have a st. Croix Prescott exl bought in 2006. It has sat in a garage for 2 years. I just went out and cleaned the stove and tried to turn it on but the control board will not turn on. The fuses are good and there is power to the stove. Any ideas? Do I need a new control board?
Thanks

roachy20 said:
I have a st. Croix Prescott exl bought in 2006. It has sat in a garage for 2 years. I just went out and cleaned the stove and tried to turn it on but the control board will not turn on. The fuses are good and there is power to the stove. Any ideas? Do I need a new control board?
Thanks

With the stove unplugged, I'd clean and reseat every connection in the stove, likely you have some oxidation issues.

Is it wired for a thermostat? Whenever I unplug my St. Croix the circuit board stays dark upon plugging it back in. Pressing the on/off button does nothing until I move up the thermostat to call for heat...then the board comes alive.

Thanks for the help, Charlie you were right, I did not have the thermostat hooked up. As soon as I plugged it in the stove kicked right on.
Thanks again

When you go to Even Temp/Prescott home page this response comes to your email inbox every 2 days after you email them:
Basically I guess don't bother emailing them..... lame
Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

gpsjulie said:
When you go to Even Temp/Prescott home page this response comes to your email inbox every 2 days after you email them:

[email protected]

Try this person at eventemp. My experiance with them has always been good.

Christy Morgan <[email protected]>

That's not them it's how email works. Probably someone had your ip at some time that was used to spam. They can hold mail between servers for days if their server is down or not communicating properly. I get this alot with my email. Mine it's because I don't have reverse dns setup on my domain. I don't need it.

gpsjulie said:

[email protected]

I got the same response, they apparently don't retrieve email from this server regularly. Goes along with their general attitude that they don't want to hear from or deal with end users, period. It leaves those of us who have an "authorized dealer" like mine (a nightmare outfit who stopped returning phone calls after they bollixed up my installation and spent my money) on their own. I will be happy to tell anyone who wants to know by PM who NOT to buy a St. Croix product from in the Western MA/Eastern NY/Southern VT area. Sadly, that leaves the nearest dealer a long distance away.

slangtruth said:
I got the same response, they apparently don't retrieve email from this server regularly. Goes along with their general attitude that they don't want to hear from or deal with end users, period. It leaves those of us who have an "authorized dealer" like mine (a nightmare outfit who stopped returning phone calls after they bollixed up my installation and spent my money) on their own. I will be happy to tell anyone who wants to know by PM who NOT to buy a St. Croix product from in the Western MA/Eastern NY/Southern VT area. Sadly, that leaves the nearest dealer a long distance away.

Sorry to hear of your experience Slangtruth. There are some very good St. Croix dealers out there and many satisfied customers. Sounds like you may need to go in the stove business in your area to service the demand.

Stay Warm,

AR

I have no doubt, Glock. I'm relatively satisfied with the product itself, although I don't know if mine is optimally tuned up, which an experienced dealer could see right away. But in my area, there is no competent dealer within more than an hour's drive, and no help from the one incompetent one, so I'm screwed.

slangtruth said:
I have no doubt, Glock. I'm relatively satisfied with the product itself, although I don't know if mine is optimally tuned up, which an experienced dealer could see right away. But in my area, there is no competent dealer within more than an hour's drive, and no help from the one incompetent one, so I'm screwed.

Hey Slang,

You may want to suggest to someone that is savvy in business and appliances who wants to start a busines in your area that an opportunity exists. You win by getting a competant local dealer and the persons needing a business opportunity wins by having a good product to sell. Just an idea.

Stay Warm,

AR

Status
Not open for further replies.