St Croix Greenfield stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jci63

Mar 1, 2014
Alanson MI
I recently purchased a St Croix Greenfiled pellet stove. I would like to do a complete cleaning on the stove and was wondering if anyone had access to an air flow chart, so I can clean all the ports and passages for both the intake and exhaust. I removed the exhaust motor and cleaned every passage I could find and got plenty of ash out of several areas.

Also any know what the factory setting is for the air damper-measurment. I am burning pellets and seem to get alot of black soot on the glass, I have tried every adjustment including wide open with the same results. After reading several post on here, I figure I would do a complete cleaning first.

One more thing I have tried several types of pellets, hardwood, hardwood & softwood mix and softwood. The hardwood pellets will fill the brun pot with ash about every 10-12 hrs. The other pellets seem to fill the burn pot in half that time, seems like heavier ash or just cheap pellets?

O.K. I got a cut out from a member on here, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.