St. Croix Prescott EXP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove was manufactured in 2006. Last year, 2013 I started having a small problem starting the stove. When I would start the stove, the pellets feed into the burn grate and after a minute or so the pellets ignite. The stove continues to auger pellets into the fire box. Sometimes the convection fan will turn on and the stove works fine, but about 75% of the time the stove quits feeding pellets into the burn pot and the convection fan does not turn on. If I do nothing, the fire just goes out. However if I push the on/off button again, the convection fan will start and the stove will go through the start up procedure again and continue running. I thought maybe the convection fan was bad so I replaced it. Yesterday the stove started as it should, and this morning I had to restart it. My next thought is that maybe my Proof of Fire switch is not working and needs to be replaced. Any thoughts?

It does indeed sound like the proof of fire switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.