1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

St Croix Prescott ( new) / Skytech 3301p .....

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Catfishjack, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfishjack

Catfishjack Member

Loc:
    Northern NY
    I just received my Skytech 3301P thermostat /spent 30 minutes programming it and hooked it to my stove..The stove fired up right away but it would not respond to any command from the thermostat including "off"..neither in T mode or in SmartStat mode..anyone tried a Skytech on their St Croix stove..it's only 2 wires..no rocket science there...
    Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    I use the cheapo thermostat that came with my stove and I have
    to turn the thermostat to off, then hit the off button on the stove
    and then it goes into shut down mode.
  3. Catfishjack

Catfishjack Member

Loc:
    Northern NY
    thanks..your reply is appreciated. I just hooked up the "cheapo thermostat that came with my stove" and am tryin git on Smart-Stat...will it shut down to low after it hits the set room temperature and then shut off if heat is not called for??
  4. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    I have a st croix afton bay and have it hooked to a programmable t-stat. I have no issues with it at all, it shuts down and turns on as needed to heat. I don't have to do any thing but watch, clean and add pellets. The remote should work just fine. Do you have the wires hooked up correctly?.
  5. Catfishjack

Catfishjack Member

Loc:
    Northern NY
    there are only 2 coming from the receiver..i have tried them both ways but to no avail...
  6. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    The stove in smartstat mode will go to low after heat setting is reached the stay at low for 1 hour and if no heat is called for during the hour the stove will shut itself down until heat again is called for. I did not like the t-stat that came with the stove so i bought a programmable one at home depot and i now use that and it works great.
  7. ylomnstr

ylomnstr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
    I got the 3301p also on my St. Croix Hastings. It just came in the mail this week, but I have yet been able to get it to turn the stove on. Not sure what's going on. I think it's something with my jumpers. I left a message with St. Croix tech support, but haven't heard back yet.
  8. Catfishjack

Catfishjack Member

Loc:
    Northern NY
    Well I have learned a few things.. First of all it works just fine but this is what I have noted. I have a St Croix Prescott. Last night I hooked up the El Cheapo plastic unit that the dealer bequeathed me upon his departure from my home..I put my stove selector to
    Smart Stat , turned up the thermostat and it came on..when the temperature reached the thermostat set mark the stove went into low and turned itself off an hour later..I had expected the heat Min & Max LED lights on the digital controller to change ( when it went from medium to high) but they don't and I think that is what confused me to begin with that it ( the Skytech) wasn't working properly...

I reinstalled the Skytech 3301P that I had programed.
    The stove went through the Evening cycle, then into the night cycle ( set back) and this morning it went into the Morning cycle and my home was warm at 5:30 AM...

Hope this helps someone else with thermostat questions on their St Croix..now if I could just get my dealer to come back and replace the Versa Grate motor on my stove ...as it is louder than the fan????
  9. ylomnstr

ylomnstr Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Staatsburg, NY
    I have an older model of the St Croix so it doesn't have the switch to change it to smart stat and back. With my unit, I actually have to take the cover off the control unit and make changes to the jumpers. But according to the manual, the stove is set up in smart stat thermostat mode to begin with. My stove works fine manually, but the skytech doesn't seem to control it at all. I really need to get a hold of St. Croix support.
  10. Catfishjack

Catfishjack Member

Loc:
    Northern NY
    I had to contact them once a few weeks ago and they got back to me within 24 hours..which in Today's business atmosphere I believe is good...

Good Luck ...it will work out... I'm sure..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.