Stacking Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was up early (4:30 am) moved some wood to another stack which will be burned next year. I put the bad splits on the bottom then stacked cherry,beech and hard maple.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6259.JPG
    100_6259.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_6261.JPG
    100_6261.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_6262.JPG
    100_6262.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 178
Nice stacks zap. They should hold up well. Your a true woodsman being up early!

Nice stacks zap. They should hold up well. Your a true woodsman being up early!
Truth be told, just worried about this storm. A few things left, my neighbor called he wants me to go down so we can chew the fat then we move the kayak to the front porch, almost forgot I'm hooking up the snowplow so that is on the truck and not sitting under the white pine when the winds hit.

zap

Reactions: ScotO
This thing is huge. Hope your trees stay put. Thats my biggest worry too. Again your stacks look good. Us woodburners here in the east will have plenty of wood before long.....just the stuff in the woods though:)

Reactions: zap
Nice work zap.

Stay safe.

4:30 AM ? ?
You must have work lights.
Be safe

Started when mother nature turned on the lights, sharpening some chains either tonight or first thing in the morning, yes I'll be up before five.....have a real bad gut feeling going on.

zap

Zap, I'm trying not to get too worked up yet about it. Hoping the power isn't affected too bad here in the central PA mountains. We do have a small generator if things go out, we can at least keep the fridge/freezer going. I do, eventually, plan on getting a decent sized genny for the house. At least the woodstove will still work. We've had a simmering fire in it since last evening. Stay safe, keep in touch during the storm...

Zap, I'm trying not to get too worked up yet about it. Hoping the power isn't affected too bad here in the central PA mountains. We do have a small generator if things go out, we can at least keep the fridge/freezer going. I do, eventually, plan on getting a decent sized genny for the house. At least the woodstove will still work. We've had a simmering fire in it since last evening. Stay safe, keep in touch during the storm...
I'm just hoping the 090 can stay idle.
zap

I'm just hoping the 090 can stay idle.
zap
If you have to fire up the 090, I may have to make a trip up there this winter for a long weekend of cutting.....I'll bring my saws and my snowmobiles.......;)

If you have to fire up the 090, I may have to make a trip up there this winter for a long weekend of cutting.....I'll bring my saws and my snowmobiles.......;)
Bring them up we'll do some coyote hunting, if we get this storm I'll still have plenty of wood down. Tomorrow if it's not raining real hard I'm taking a ride on our property so I can get some before and after pics.
zap

Not to worried about the rain in your woods Zap
Just don't head out there if the winds get even near as bad as forecasted.
Be safe!

Not to worried about the rain in your woods Zap
Just don't head out there if the winds get even near as bad as forecasted.
Be safe!
It's the big ole white pines on the eastside of the house (winds will be out of the east) the soil is mostly sand so it drains great. The first cup of coffee is almost done then it will be time to sharpen some chains.

Zap

Up kinda late this morning Zap :)
I decided to sleep in, ==c once the lights come on I'll finish up what's left on the outside, then I'll clean the saws,sharpen some chains an do the quarterly for the business before the power goes out.
zap

Way to stay on top of things ZAP. I went and filled three more 5 gallon gas jugs with gas last night. And filled the second tank of propane. All set here. I told my wife the schools are getting out early, she is a teacher. Her and the kids were glad to here it. They will get home and be safe and sound. Hope the wind is not too high from this monster.

I'm surprised they even had school today, not worth it if the storm hit early, just the chains left to sharpen. The cat is acting different, he won't even go on the screened in porch.

Stay Safe
Zap

Way to stay on top of things ZAP. I went and filled three more 5 gallon gas jugs with gas last night. And filled the second tank of propane. All set here. I told my wife the schools are getting out early, she is a teacher. Her and the kids were glad to here it. They will get home and be safe and sound. Hope the wind is not too high from this monster.
The Burg usually gets high winds, seems like everything was ok in the city of the DEVILS!

Zap

Reactions: Gasifier
The Burg usually gets high winds, seems like everything was ok in the city of the DEVILS!

Zap

;lol Everything was ok. We had some pretty good wind through the valley, but did not even lose power. Thankfully. How are things up around South Matildaville, and Jesse Higley's neck of the woods ZAP? :p

I feel for the people who were not so lucky with this really big storm. It will be interesting to see what the Fed, State, and local governments will do that are close to the coast after this storm and things get cleaned up and back to some normal. I would hate to imagine what things would have been like had it been a more powerful storm. I saw an hour long show on History or Learning or one of those channels that depicted a monster storm following just this path of a storm like Sandy. Only it was a more powerful one. Scary stuff for the U.S. This thing was bad enough at a Cat.1. _g

All was good, just some wind later on Sunday then the rain moved in early in the morning. Our prayers go out to the people in that area.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.