Stacking Not Finished Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Stacked the Cherry and Beech, the stake on the Beech end hit a rock so I'm piling it the correct way on one end.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1188.jpg
    100_1188.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 585
  • 100_1189-1.jpg
    100_1189-1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 573
If you are done, I could sure use some help!!

wendell said:
If you are done, I could sure use some help!!

I won't be done until late October then I'll help, 15 face cord of hardwood left to stack then some softwood. :zip:

zap

What?!? The title of your thread says you are done!

wendell said:
What?!? The title of your thread says you are done!

Thats a good one, the weather is starting to cool off so the stacking is not that bad.

zap

I read it as he is done for tonight :lol:

Oh I think I see a split out of place, nope....nevermind ;)

wood spliter said:
you stacked today and I went fishing. I'll post pictures when I get them.

I worked then came home and stacked, did you go after shark again?

zap

ANeat said:
I read it as he is done for tonight

But that is not what he said. ;-)

wendell said:
ANeat said:
I read it as he is done for tonight

But that is not what he said. ;-)

I have a feeling that Zap burns wood to support his cutting/splitting/stacking hobby :lol:

:lol: Sickness/Hobby ??? Is there a difference

I'm with Quads -- just stack the sucker! ;)

Cool Zap

Your stacks are much neater than mine! At least where I have stacks. I haven't even started splitting what I have at the farm yet.

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Cool Zap

Your stacks are much neater than mine! At least where I have stacks. I haven't even started splitting what I have at the farm yet.

Billy

Once they start seasoning they will shift, if the rain holds off a load of sugar maple will be coming out of the woods tonight. How much wood do you have at the farm?

zap

Oh, sure, now you change the title of the thread.

wendell said:
Oh, sure, now you change the title of the thread.

:zip: I was FORCED! :coolgrin:

ZAP

zapny said:
Once they start seasoning they will shift, if the rain holds off a load of sugar maple will be coming out of the woods tonight. How much wood do you have at the farm?

zap

I have never been able to figure out how much wood was in a pile.

40671_1295033830893_1681757389_568235_7396542_n.jpg

But thats my firewood pile on the right and its 40' to 60' long. It seems to be drying ok and I stir it up from time to time. It keeps getting in my way and I have to push it over with the dozer.

Billy

Like the job you did on the wagon, which model wood mizer do you have and what do you like and dislike about it? We are looking at Hud-Son and the Wood Mizer.

Billy after posting this I saw your setup, nice.

Zap

Thanks Zap

Dad has the LT 40. The only thing I don't like is the log lock. Its manual and I almost always have to walk all the way around the mill to lock and unlock the logs. And since you have to lock it at least 4 times for each log it gets to be a hassle fast. And it adjusts up and down on pins in 2" increments and if you are too far above or below the center of the log it twists it up or down on the pads amking me cut off square.

Billy

humpin iron said:
does Zap need an intervention ?????

Intervention, it's gone way beyond that!

zap

I hear you Zap. I've got pine and aspen coming out my ears, but I'm driving to Denver 'cause I just scored some elm and ash. This is ridiculous.

Beetle-Kill said:
I hear you Zap. I've got pine and aspen coming out my ears, but I'm driving to Denver 'cause I just scored some elm and ash. This is ridiculous.

But it's a WARM sickness.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.