Stainless chimney clearing eve ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ErnieG

May 1, 2022
Wyoming pa
Im in the process of putting a wood stove in my garage (yes I already spoke to my insurance company and it's covered ) and I have 12" eves on it .
I'm using double walls stainless chimney pipe and the kit I purchased has the bracket to hold the "T" coming out the wall but it's not made to clear the 12" eve .
So before I go making something is there a company that makes these brackets to clear the eve ?
I've seen people use *45 to clear the eve but I don like the look of that .
Thanks in advance for the help !
Ernie

Im in the process of putting a wood stove in my garage (yes I already spoke to my insurance company and it's covered ) and I have 12" eves on it .
I'm using double walls stainless chimney pipe and the kit I purchased has the bracket to hold the "T" coming out the wall but it's not made to clear the 12" eve .
So before I go making something is there a company that makes these brackets to clear the eve ?
I've seen people use *45 to clear the eve but I don like the look of that .
Thanks in advance for the help !
Ernie
Yes there are several companies. Ventis Excell and Jeremiah's all make extended support brackets for their chimneys. But it has to match your pipe.

And make sure your insurance gives you a written waiver for the code violation. It absolutely doesn't meet code and unless they acknowledge that and give you a waiver I wouldn't count on them covering something

Reactions: ErnieG