starting new install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That finished out nicely. It's a very unique setup. Are you able to run the furnace without the lower door open? That concerns me. It looks like a sure way to damage the unit. The manual seems to concur:

NOTICE: Do not operate unit with bottom (ash) door open.
Operating unit with ash door open can cause over-firing and damage
the unit, and will void any warranty.

I just had the door open for less than a minute to get some light in the firebox with mostly some startup paper in it, wood hadn't caught yet, to send a pick to my wife who was out of town. The fire didn't show up otherwise. I've read the manual a few times and saw the warning. Thanks though, I could have missed that. Planning on ducting to existing duct work in the attic come spring after we are done burning this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.