1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Starting to doubt that an Englander 30 would be improvement

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Nimrod1911, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Nimrod1911

Nimrod1911 Member

Normally I use lodgepole pine. I'm just burning up a huge cottonwood my buddy had in his yard. I'm thinking it burns that long because the stove fits a whole wheel barrel load in it.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mrtwostick

Mrtwostick New Member

Loc:
    Philadelphia suburbs
    I think you would be better off with a wood furnance or owb as your main heater and a smaller stove for ambience. Or maybe just have two stoves. If the big boy does that well you could get a small blaze king or cat stove. that way you have constant heat while you are away, then when you get home or wake up reload the big boy
  3. daleeper

daleeper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NC MO
    If you have an 8" flue, get the BK King. The new Regency would get a look, but doesn't have the thermostatic control. Buck makes a big stove. All of them will save you some wood. If your goal is to heat the house totally with wood, then stick with your present stove, and save towards a good wood furnace or efficient wood boiler.