Starts On Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapny said:
If it's not safe enough then I'll call it off, the wood racks need filling besides. Looks like the whole weekend will be chitty.

zap

We just got the weather warning here zap and supposed to start this afternoon till noonish tomorrow..could get pretty 'slippy' out there ;-P

Take it easy zap, that wood will still be there next week. :)

We were going to try to cut some this afternoon but then the rain came. I hope that is all you get too zap but we know bigger and better things are coming to all of us soon. Cut while you can.

Backwoods Savage said:
We were going to try to cut some this afternoon but then the rain came. I hope that is all you get too zap but we know bigger and better things are coming to all of us soon. Cut while you can.
Dennis, I had to comment on your reply for 2 reasons.
First the rain. My son and I were supposed to cut yesterday.......beautiful sunny day, him just home from a wonderful Virginia Christmas with the in-laws, but to much sitting around and he really needed to go cut. He woke with a migraine headache he has started getting since having Meningitis a few years ago......spent the whole day in bed. So today he really wanted go cut even more. Problem......rain. Didn't matter to him, he was getting out to cut either way. And I won't let him cut by himself, so we cut, loaded, hauled, unloaded a big load of white oak, IN THE RAIN :cheese:

OK, second reason, "I hope that is all you get too zap but we know bigger and better things are coming to all of us soon " Bigger and better things are coming to all of us soon?????? Did I miss something? Oh, if this isn't any of my business, just disregard. :smirk:

I hope it misses you Steve. Cold coming but no word on big storms....yet. You can have that cutting in the rain though. I'll stay inside and wait for the better weather.

Backwoods Savage said:
I hope it misses you Steve. Cold coming but no word on big storms....yet. You can have that cutting in the rain though. I'll stay inside and wait for the better weather.
Oh, now I get......all rain here, and I agree, but you know those young bucks. I can't say much though, I was the same way ;-P

Backwoods Savage said:

When I wake up I'll check the weather rock......... hope it's just light snow. I talked with the previous owner of the land, they never had any Oak on it.

zap

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

When I wake up I'll check the weather rock......... hope it's just light snow. I talked with the previous owner of the land, they never had any Oak on it.

zap
Zap, that is a bad sign. Probably Oaks won't do well there if that is the case. You can always try. I have a Colorado Blue Spruce (obviously not native to Central IL) for almost 40 years now. It is a beautiful tree. But this summer it started dying from some kind of fungus. Next summer will probably be it's last year......really hate it, but those kind of problems are often times what happens to trees out of their native range.

tfdchief said:
zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

zap
Zap, that is a bad sign. Probably Oaks won't do well there if that is the case. You can always try. I have a Colorado Blue Spruce (obviously not native to Central IL) for almost 40 years now. It is a beautiful tree. But this summer it started dying from some kind of fungus. Next summer will probably be it's last year......really hate it, but those kind of problems are often times what happens to trees out of their native range.

My neighbor who is next to our property has one growing so it looks like we will be planting about 5-10, not many.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.