startup issue !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony A

Nov 14, 2015
wingdale, ny
I purchased a house 2 years ago that has a pellet stove it was great the first two winters. this year i decided to get it professionally serviced before the season began big mistake. it worked the day before it was cleaned and now the company that cleaned it wants nothing to do with checking out the problem. Heres whats going on. i went to start it the night they left didnt realize the door wasnt closed all the way. so obiously it wood not start. i let it shut down closed the door realized the auger light was floashing. heres where the problem begins. i cant get the auger light to stop flashing. unplugedd the stove etc, when i try to re start it heres whats happening. the blower motor to pull air in turns on the auger does not start and neither does the blower motor to pull out start. after a few seconds it goes into shut down mode. stove is OLD but worked fine its a cheap charlie which was made my canadian comfort part of danson group which is no pel pro no one seems to be able to help all svc companies say they cant get parts so they cant svc however i found a company online that has parts i just need to get to the root of the problem. can you help

Start with the obvious. Check wires and fuses. During the service they may have knocked some loose.
Also check in around the auger as best you can to make sure it's not jammed.

Start with the obvious. Check wires and fuses. During the service they may have knocked some loose.
Also check in around the auger as best you can to make sure it's not jammed.
I did all of that. I'm not sure if its an auger issue. or the fact that no matter what i try(unplug the board ) when i re plug it back in the auger light flashes

Reactions: Darren111
Sounds like the vac switch is not closing the auger circuit and that may be because of the old door seals not closing properly anymore!?

Thanks. Heres whats i know.. The combustion fan is not blowing... I ran power directly from an outlet to the fan and it is buzzing, no air... I also went thru the steps on the video. The first few anyway.... when i bypassed the vacuum switch the auger light went back to normal and the auger was functioning... So is it the combustion fan and vacuum switch or is it just the combustion fan causing all the issues

Low probability of vac switch failure IME. Exhaust fan primary. Maybe able to take the fan off the stove and clean and oil? Maybe something tried to live in the fan housing:-

Status
Not open for further replies.