Steel plate stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlore

Nov 28, 2008
south jersey
i posted this on another thread by accident.

at what temp do most stoves over fire. i have a steel plate stove. any ball park figures?

thanks

ps my specific stove is below on sig.

My Endeavor's manual says 800 was considered over firing.

I try to keep my stoves under 700. Ideally 500-650. I want to keep them around a while.

My Avalon says to stay under 800 I think...

That's weird. I went to a dealer today to look at Lopi stoves. They had a Freedom burning wood. The salesman who showed me the stove pointed out that it was at 750 degrees. He said it like it was an impressive thing--and not a potentially damaging thing. I checked their stovetop thermometer later, and it did say 750 degrees.

That’s weird. I went to a dealer today to look at Lopi stoves. They had a Freedom burning wood. The salesman who showed me the stove pointed out that it was at 750 degrees. He said it like it was an impressive thing—and not a potentially damaging thing. I checked their stovetop thermometer later, and it did say 750 degrees.

That must be part of the Lopi dealer training - my made sure to mention that 750 degrees wouldn't hurt the stove either, though I wouldn't say he was recommending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.