1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Sterling Engine HeatWave

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by bmwloco, Oct 28, 2012.

1. bmwloco

bmwloco Member

Loc:
    Asheville NC
    Every year, over the last 5 or 6, when I have cranked up the old Vermont Castings Resolute, the HeatWave Stirling Engine Fan wakes up at about 400-500 F and starts its blowing rotation.

In fact, it's doing it's thing now. It flat pushes the air around - 10 feet away, I am reading 8 degrees warmer than when the stove was off. Without the fan, it's about a 4 degree bump.

I found a site that is still listing them... sure hope I get it. They took my PayPal payment, so fingers are crossed. If one works well, two should be better!

Too bad I have to work tonight. It would be a fine dark and stormy night to huddle up with the dog near the woodstove!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. aries339

aries339 Member

Loc:
    Chicago Area
    Hey can you please post / PM me the site? I've been SEARCHING for one of those!!!

Thanks a lot!
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  4. aries339

aries339 Member

Loc:
    Chicago Area
    Thanks BeGreen - I had checked those websites and they were out of stock which is why I thought BMWLoco might have found something special... But they actually were back in stock today and I nabbed one!

Thanks!
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Good deal!
  6. bmwloco

bmwloco Member

Loc:
    Asheville NC
    Alas, no joy. I got a refund yesterday. One month after order. PayPal... thankfully. Still looking for a second fan...