stihl 025 or husky 235?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
i have access to buy a used stihl 025 for 100.00 ... or tractor supply has the husky 235 for 199.00 with 30.00 off....which one should i get?....gonna buy one of these tommorow...so any help would be nice

Husqvarna 235 = 34cc
Stihl 025 = 44.3cc (30% more displacement!)

If the 025 is in good condition, I'd take it. No contest.

TreePointer said:
Husqvarna 235 = 34cc
Stihl 025 = 44.3cc (30% more displacement!)

If the 025 is in good condition, I'd take it. No contest.

+1 my old Stihl 023 still runs to this day.. Very good saw!

Ray

I love my 025, but from what I told is a special model. Everything must be purchased through a dealer for the saw and parts are expensive. Even then if it's in good shape, I would pay 100.00 I've cut alot of wood with mine.

thanks guys..i guess ill go with the 025...for some dumb reason i passed on a ms 250 a few weeks ago for 150.00...my dumb mistake

bought the stihl 025 today..man what an upgrade im not gonna be sorry unless this saw turns into a money pit.....right now it runs and cuts really good

One word of advise. Be careful pulling on the saw if you get the bar in a pinch. The impulse line will become disconnected and your saw won't run. Been there done that. I have cut many cords with my little 025. Its a good saw.

It has a 16 inch bar on it...I assume this saw will have no problem with a 18 inch bar...what bar do I buy?.. is there a big difference in bars?

My 025 has a 18" bar and it does pretty good with it. If 16" gets you by then that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.