Stihl 028 Super

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efoyt

Sep 18, 2008
Maine
I had the thread going asking if I should get this or not, well I got it. I was wrong I think about it being 55 CC's. Does anyone know the CC's on this saw. Also what new Stihl does this saw compair to? Thanks.

280 is the new one 54.7cc.

The 028 Super is 51.5 cc. You can ID it from the other versions by the angled spark plug hole and a raised dome on the top of the piston. Power wise, the comparable current model is a MS270. However, RPM is much faster on newer saws so they are not really equals.

Ok, I'm an idiot it is a 029 not 028 super, Same question for a 029 super???

ive got an 029 super.

I LOVE it.

its basically like the ms290.

good reliable, simple, easy to work with saw, its a bit heavy for its power output though.

many folks complain about the moduler engine configuration on these saws, but I sort of like it.
its easier to put bearings or seals into these saws than the 026-066 series saws in my opinion.

just post up if you have any questions.

Rex said:
Ok, I'm an idiot it is a 029 not 028 super, Same question for a 029 super???

I've got a used one and I love it. Just keeps going, you'll like it!

First use of my 028 Super AV Wood boss for about 3 hours with a new chain she ran real good.
I picked it up last spring after I sold my 029 farm boss and realized I should not have sold it!
I actually like the 028 better not sure why but it felt better balanced, I don't think there is much difference in weight.

you can search online either Stihl website or the www for info. I too have an old 028 that I inherited and was able to find a user manual online in .pdf. I think it was from the stihl site but can't remember. I'd start there: stihlusa.com

Status
Not open for further replies.