Stihl 076 w/36" bar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I located above saw for cheap. (pretty sure anyway). Owner is in construction and is in a huge slump. Liquidating some of is tools. Operates as near new. Would you consider getting it? I'd certainly use it.
Feedback...?

I think I'd be real leery of a saw that big. I have a Stihl 440 magnum and it is heavy enough and a real handfull. I have the 28 inch bar on mine and it's good for bucking up big logs but I really wouldn't want to try to limb with it up in a tree. The long bars are much easier to get away from you and that's when it's real easy to hurt yourself. I'd be interested if I had a special use for a saw that big, if not I'd let it be. David

Since you already have a 361 with a 25" bar I can't imagine needing more saw than that, but, this ain't about need. Grab it up and give 'er a whirl. If it's too much saw or you don't like it or whatever you can always re-sell it.

my dad owns a 076 magnum that we had set up as a portable mill when i was in high school. I beleve that we had about a 32 or 34" bar and could cut about 30"wide logs. I loved that saw. That saw rocks!

You posted that you would use it. And the man selling could use your$$ And it is in like New condition.

Was there a question hidden in there some where ?

Monkey Wrench said:
You posted that you would use it. And the man selling could use your$$ And it is in like New condition.

No, just a straight up sale. Guy needs quick cash for big saw. He knows he is getting beat on it. No hidden agendas.

jj3500 said:
Monkey Wrench said:

No, just a straight up sale. Guy needs quick cash for big saw. He knows he is getting beat on it. No hidden agendas.

What I was saying was..... Go For It !

Also if you want you can send it down to me and I'll test it out for you. N.C. :coolsmile: :coolgrin:

interchangabLEE said:
Go 4 it!

Eat lots of spinach and take yur vitamins.

If the biggest saw u ever run is a 361,,,,,, be prepared 2 B pretzelized when U drop the hammer on that 76!

+1 lol there will be no throttle lag.

Wahooo i love my ms460 mag and id still like to have more log ripping power. I like for the tools to work not me. I haul my saw to the tree on the quad so im not worried about weight.

buy it and use it. if you get bored with it then resell it for probably exactly what you bought it for. (preferably to me if it is that good of a deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.