Stihl 441 Starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Maybe, but all the pro saws are very close and I for one cant hear that fricken 361.

Huh, I get a very distinct "pop" or even a "pop,pop", that tells me to get off the choke. Another 3 pulls and it is running.

Its more my habits. Once I start pulling I am ready and ear protection on one ear and half on the other. I am sure I would change a little if I ran one all the time.

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Maybe, but all the pro saws are very close and I for one cant hear that fricken 361.

Huh, I get a very distinct "pop" or even a "pop,pop", that tells me to get off the choke. Another 3 pulls and it is running.

Its more my habits. Once I start pulling I am ready and ear protection on one ear and half on the other. I am sure I would change a little if I ran one all the time.

Your probably used to that 880 bark'in at ya. :lol:

Danno77 said:
My understanding of the whole cold and warm settings is that it should limit the amount of denser cold air that's going into the carb. Otherwise your whole air/fuel ratio will get out of whack and cause you to run rich in the winter or lean in the summer. If ya got an old saw you need to tune it every season.

Danno - your probably closer to the real purpose of this thing. I just remember it had to do with the ambient temp being cold or hot and the carb.

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:

460 has a bigger pop, but yes.

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:

460 has a bigger pop, but yes.

My 034 is quite vocal when it's ready to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.