Stihl MS 250 spark plug

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajamison

Jan 29, 2014
Virginia
I have a Stihl MS 250, and for the past month or two, the spark plug backs itself out during use. I have definitely re-tightened it all the way each time. What could cause this? The only other symptom is that is doesn't want to idle after being used for 5-10 minutes or so, but will run with the throttle open. I assume this is because the plug is starting to get loose at that point.

Did you check to make sure the compression washer was still on the plug. I would just try a new plug, they're only a couple bucks. Just don't over-tighten it. As far as the idle problem, could be plug related. It could also need a carb adjustment, have a dirty fuel or air filter, or a bad impulse hose (not sure the 250 has one, but if it does check it for cracks).

Status
Not open for further replies.