Stone install over fire proof red board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hotdogsrnice

Jan 10, 2022
Maryland
Hello

I have a zero clearance Northstar that has been installed in place of a gas stove, the stove was installed professionally. Red fire board was installed around the stove and everything was good. Board clearly says no combustibles to be installed. The stone masons installed tar paper under their lath and scratch coat. Should I get them to re do this and remove the tar paper? What ye think?

Hello

I have a zero clearance Northstar that has been installed in place of a gas stove, the stove was installed professionally. Red fire board was installed around the stove and everything was good. Board clearly says no combustibles to be installed. The stone masons installed tar paper under their lath and scratch coat. Should I get them to re do this and remove the tar paper? What ye think?
Yes they should redo it