Stove Adjustment quesion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdcaldwell74

Dec 12, 2016
South East MI
In my stove when burning Michigan Wood Pellets, white bag green writing, I get a temperature reading of @300 degrees, using Somerset pellets my temperature is down around 250. The Somersets are burning clean very little soot on the glass. Should I increase the combustion fan or feed rate in an attempt to squeeze more BTU's from the Somerset pellets?

Thanks

In my stove when burning Michigan Wood Pellets, white bag green writing, I get a temperature reading of @300 degrees, using Somerset pellets my temperature is down around 250. The Somersets are burning clean very little soot on the glass. Should I increase the combustion fan or feed rate in an attempt to squeeze more BTU's from the Somerset pellets?

Thanks
make and model of your pellet stove will be helpful.

Sam

Somersets are a miracle pellet to some, sort of like the magical Harman experience. Never used Somersets but I've burned MWP pellets out of Holland Mi before, burned ok bit unusual dark ash (bark?). Maybe the pellets are short on the MWP'S so you get more fed on a fixed setting. Try increasing the feedrate and see if you get more heat but still get equal lbs/hr rate as Somersets on a lower setting.

look at your flame....if it is more orange, turn up the combustion air. If the flame is white and jumpy, bump the feed.

Reactions: bags
Pelpro 120 hey

Do you have the stove with the dial on the right side or the acutron control?

Guessing you have the acutron control since you can make adj to both feed rate and combination rate of your stove.

I have same stove but the crappier version.

Do you keep your stove clean since we do not have ash pans like the good stoves come with or as in many stoves these great gentlemen use??

Just wondering, gotta keep that burn pot clean on these stoves along with pretty much everything else lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.