Stove Bright dry time??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
So to match my new re-model I painted my Englander 30 Metallic Brown!
5SA-8100-lg.jpg

How long do I let the paint dry before I do my 2 outside small fire paint cures????

Thank you,Hiram :cheese:

Brown! You da man! Woods stoves should all be brown just like God intended them to be.

I did the 30-NC in five coats of Stove Bright letting each coat dry for fifteen minutes or so. Them I rolled it out of the garage the next day 12 or 13 hours later and lit it off it off and straight up to 550 degees and everything went just fine. One thing I did that you may not have done is I burned in the factory paint before I painted over it. Don't know if it will make a difference but I wanted the manufacturing oils in the steel cooked off first.

Edit: Never mind the curing. I thought you had painted the 13-NC. That 30 of yours is for sure pre-cured enough before the paint job.

Bart,

Who do you think I got the idea from? :roll:

My Dad's "Country Comfort" is that Metallic Brown and I have always liked it!

I sanded most of the factory paint off.
I have 3 coats on it right now (got dark out) and will use the rest of the second can. I waited about an hour in between coats.

Guess I will do my curing burn on Sunday evening.

PS: My 13 is going to my best friends house. He helped me remodel my house and he needs it way more than I do! Maybe a Fireview or a Blaze King in the future????

With all the insulation I put in my house I may not need it anyway ;-P

Cheers, Hiram

Edit: what color did you use?

I used Goldenfire Brown the original paint on my old Sierra insert. Turns out it is what Harman uses too.

BrotherBart said:
I used Goldenfire Brown the original paint on my old Sierra insert. Turns out it is what Harman uses too.
BB can you post a pic or a link to an existing thread when you get a chance.
I would like to see your stove.
Thanks Brother...

Ratman said:
BrotherBart said:
BB can you post a pic or a link to an existing thread when you get a chance.
I would like to see your stove.
Thanks Brother...

I post this one more time Craig is gonna start charging me for disk space.

The old and the new.

Attachments

• 30-ncl large.JPG
    30-ncl large.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 678
  • brownie.JPG
    brownie.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 413
Brown is good. Goldenfire Brown is best and would have been god's choice. It blends well with almost any decor. That has been the color of my stoves (except my current green porcelin) and stope pipe since I began burning 20-25 years ago.

BB,

I did however paint my door....

The 2 tone looks pretty damn cool though!

Status
Not open for further replies.