Stove Chow Vs Maine Wood Peller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sound like a decent deal. Some will shy away from the MWP because of there past batches. I tried there latest batches and really liked them. But I also liked the Stove Chow. Price is so close that I probably couldn't choose, so I would just split my order. Both should work in your stove.

I usually look at the whole deal. That includes delivery(if you aren't getting them yourself). So you would need to check that too!

i will be picking them up myself i drive a 28 foot box truck for work

I drive 4 hours away to Presque Isle Maine where there is a tractor supply with MWP for 189 and i also drive 1 hour away from to home depot and lowes who have the stove chow at 197

I use MWP last year and they were alot better then the pellets i had used previously penningtons

I still have a 1 ton and probably 15 bags of left over MWP and Almost 2 ton of Okies left from last season. Bought MWP for 199 last year much cheaper then what i had paid for the penningtons the prior year

Looking to get a couple more ton in case next years priice isnt so low.

IS stove Chow Hard or Soft the girl at lowes didnt know

Thoughts>

where you getting mwp for 189??????
i just paid 214????

I sent an email to Premier asking what they were made of. Never got a reply from them. But I am guessing they are a blend like the MWP.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but this has been discussed enough here in different threads, so didn't want to create another one... Can people give their ranking on these brands of pellets? All three are $197 a ton around me...

Green Supreme
Maine's Choice
Stove Chow

I've read quite a few comments on Stove Chow, so I went ahead and bought 20 bags, but I'm not sure if this is good enough to use as a main pellet? I have an englander Multifuel coming, so from what I hear, it can handle just about any wood pellet.

Green Team seems to be heavily favored, but they seem to be sold out at the lowes near me, but I'll keep calling in hopes I can score some.

Thank you

sb81 said:
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but this has been discussed enough here in different threads, so didn't want to create another one... Can people give their ranking on these brands of pellets? All three are $197 a ton around me...

Green Supreme
Maine's Choice
Stove Chow

I've read quite a few comments on Stove Chow, so I went ahead and bought 20 bags, but I'm not sure if this is good enough to use as a main pellet? I have an englander Multifuel coming, so from what I hear, it can handle just about any wood pellet.

Green Team seems to be heavily favored, but they seem to be sold out at the lowes near me, but I'll keep calling in hopes I can score some.

Thank you

My ranking woud be

Green Team
Stove Chow
Green Supreme(AKA NEWP)
Maine's Choice

But really things change from season to season and batch to batch. What I experiance last season could have changed some.

Thanks! Would you say they are all roughly in the same league? Or are there ones you wouldn't even buy? Maine's Choice seems to be kind of a dud, but what about Green Supreme?

My ranking is more on the heat output. Green Team actually had the most ash of the bunch. None of them are dud's, as all made the premium grade with ease. There are far worse pellets out there IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.