Stove Collar Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berner

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2012
Eastern, MA
Do any of you guys have any issues with putting back together your stove pipe connections? The three screws that run through the stove collar and into the adjustable elbow are what's giving me issues. I've cleaned the liner 3 times now and each time I try and line it all up exactly the way I had it before. However the holes on the adjustable elbow are getting bigger and bigger. This has caused the screws to not seat properly. One of the screws won't seat at all to the point where it falls out with the slightest touch.

Has anyone run into this? What did you do to fix it?

Use the next size larger screw.

I would not depend on cement to hold the flue onto a rear vent stove, you need screws. Now that you've buggered the holes you can either replace the elbow or reach through the stove and use a small scrap of metal as a nut. Since t he elbow is adjustable you could also unscrew it and clock it an inch or more to get fresh metal and abandon the old holes.

For crying out loud, why must you mess with those screws?

Reactions: Defiant
Status
Not open for further replies.