Stove Delivery Schedule

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve kohlhagen

Jan 10, 2012
North Georgia
For those of you who ordered your stove from HD online, did the freight company call you with the delivery day? Was the day flexible if you were not going to be home that day?

Thanks,
Steve

Freight companies will normally let you know when the delivery is scheduled. Sometimes the date can be flexible but they don't want stuff sitting around on the dock either. With ours, they let me know about 24 hours before the delivery was made.

I always have freight held at the terminal and go get it myself. The terminal will usually give you a few days to pick up, after which some will start to charge you a fee per day it is left there.

Of course, if it is a heavy item, you need to have a way to get it off the pickup or whatever and down to the ground level safely. Either some 2 x 10 boards or a tractor with a bucket or whatever.

It may be that you are unable to unload a truck by yourself, so you should call and speak with someone at the vendor and find out which trucking line they will be using. Then get the phone number for someone at the company's terminal and call them and talk. I live in a rough-road area where big trucks won't and cannot really be expected to deliver, so I've done this many times, including for all my wood stoves.

These days, freight companies can tell you where your shipment is, geographically, at any time, when they will arrive at their terminal, within a few hours normally, unless weather/etc. delay the truck. You will need a shipping manifest # from the place shipping it to you. The shipping co. can flag your number and notify you by email or phone or both with the arrival time and expected delivery date to your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.