Stove flue adapter LOOSE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfooch

Oct 28, 2013
CT
Hi guys, just a quick question. I just bought an Osburn 2000 from elite deals. I also received all my pipe from them. All duravent duratech double wall pipe. I'm installing it myself, finally got the chimney all up I am just having a problem with the flue adapter from the stove to the pipe.
The flue adaptor just seems loose to me. It slips right over the hole, the bottom has a crinkled edge on the inside and smooth on the outside. The crinkled edge fits in it just doesn't seem secure or air tight. Is the piece wrong, am I an idiot, is there a way to seal it or is it right?
Thanks for any help. I'm new to this and loving it already.

I have no adapter on the T6. Have you tried seeing how well the DVL pipe seats directly into the flue collar without an adapter? It's worth a try.

Reactions: Heatsource
Didn't even try to be honest. Could try that tonight when I get home thanks. Did you guys just use screws to keep the connection tight then?

I have a duravent chimney including double wall interior pipe. On my old hearthstone, the plain end of the DVL was a perfect fit, nice and tight but the adapter I bought was very loose. With the BK, I had to have the adapter part, couldn't get the plain end to go in.

Weird. You just have to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.