Stove gloves on sterioids

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I realize these would be ridiculously overkill, but it would interesting to see if you could actually move splits around in the firebox without a poker... ;)

From McMaster-Carr of course:

Zetex Plus Gloves

Double Palm 18" 35-oz. weight glove with wool-lined fingertips. 1500° F Max Temp! - 6081T55 - 90.53/pair

Welding gloves don't do the trick?

Overkill I think would be a pair of medieval or renaissance style gauntlets with kevlar and wool lining.

Welding gloves are fine-especially the aluminized ones. It just never fails to amaze me to see all of the neat stuff McMaster-Carr sells. It's not as if you can go down to the local hardware store and buy the same kind of glove foundry workers use. My point with these is that you could probably (albeit briefly) manipulate the splits inside the firebox with the stove going full bore. For no reason other than because you can ;)

They sound like nice gloves esp. the 18" length. The price seems steep. I have a pair of leather gloves with a 13" cuff that make it just to my elbow. I believe I paid about $25 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.