Stove ID please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I am still sort of looking for a second stove for my basement set up. I came across this unit recently, I think this is a castine & apparently it is two years old. Can the experts confirm...thanks. I realize the pic is not ideal...

D

Attachments

• Jotul.jpeg
    Jotul.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 308
That's what it looks like. Got a good price on it?

The guy wants $500.00 for it. Any idea in terms of firebox size & burn times?

Thanks
D

Sounds like a good deal to me! I found some info on the Jotul site, might check it out.

id buy it just 2 have it.. that thing is no more than 5-6 yrs old, as that is when they switched 2 the single door in front.. you could resell 4 @1200 (newmsrp is @2000) ir use it

summit said:
id buy it just 2 have it.. that thing is no more than 5-6 yrs old, as that is when they switched 2 the single door in front.. you could resell 4 @1200 (newmsrp is @2000) ir use it

Dont think so, brand new F500s are selling at good dealers for $1800

Great stove and great price. It looks like it has been run with unseasoned wood or too cool judging by the window stains. But maybe they just never cleaned it.

The Castine has ~1.5 cu ft firebox. Burn times will vary greatly with the wood and how hot the stove is run. With softwood we would get 4-5 hrs unless the dead of winter, then it was more like 3. But that is actual heating times and not how long there were coals to start a fire the next morning. With hardwood folks report better results.

Thanks for the input guys, unfortunately it looks like the stove just got sold...I missed it. Oh well, I will keep looking.

On a side note, I just scrounged two face cords of beech! And it made my day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.