Stove installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas0218

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2015
Beaver Dams New York
Got my stove installed, but have some questions. How do you guys seal up around the cathedral box to keep cold air from getting down. I was thinking of using caulk but don't know if they make a high temp. So what is a good kind to use. Can I put insulation inside the cathedral box?

Thanks for the help guys and gals

Any kind of caulking can be used, the box will barely get warm. Caulk it first then out the trim on it.

Insulation can be used inside the box on only 1 brand that I am aware of. That's the TLC line from hart&cooley. Same company as Selkirk/metalbestos, I'm not sure these other lines offer the insulation blanket though.

Status
Not open for further replies.