Stove Installed!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stick burner

Hearth Supporter
Well, they got my insert installed yesterday. Everything went smooth, except trying to cut out the lava rock for the surround. Knew that would be tough. Anyway, it looks beautiful!!! Can't wait for some cold weather down this way so I can fire this big boy. Tried to send a couple of pics., but failed. I even read the "how to send picture" sections. I'm the deadest log in the wood pile when it comes to being computer savy. Will figure it out one way or another, even if I have to hire someone to help me! It will be a couple of days, for I have to drive my Dad to the V.A. hospital in Albuquerque tomorrow. It's about a 275 mile drive from here. Catch you later.

Stickburner

Congrats. Get them Kodaks up here or email them to me and I will post them.

I garontee.

[email protected].

Posting it here can't get me any more offers to extend my mortgage by six inches than I already get.

The stick burner's stove is all set for FIRE!

Don't ya just love the last time that those side glasses on a bay window insert are gonna be clean?

Attachments

• stick man 3.jpg
    stick man 3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 512
  • stick man1.jpg
    stick man1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 527
  • stick man 2.jpg
    stick man 2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 521
Ready for fire that is after he gets some healthy protection down on that carpet in front of that loading door.

I see the clearance issue but don't see anything below the brick......maybe there's another pic that hasn't been posted yet

BrotherBart said:
The stick burner's stove is all set for FIRE!

Don't ya just love the last time that those side glasses on a bay window insert are gonna be clean?

O.K....now that's funny. However, the dealer showed me the "air wash" they now have on the bay windows and it is there. The older models didn't have it. Now whether those bays will stay cleaner, longer, is to be seen. He said it was a great improvement over the one's in the past without it. Will let everyone know how they REALLY function when I get to fire it up a few times.

Stickburner

Nice looking insert! I like how it has glass on the sides too. Very nice, I'm sure you can't wait till its cold out.

Rock and Roll Stickburner, it looks great! You're going to love that new room warmer. Open all the windows in the house and burn a couple break in fires to burn off the factory oils. Then you'll be ready to go. Now hows the woodpile doing?

BeGreen said:
Rock and Roll Stickburner, it looks great! You're going to love that new room warmer. Open all the windows in the house and burn a couple break in fires to burn off the factory oils. Then you'll be ready to go. Now hows the woodpile doing?

Woodpile looking good. The ol'boy that supplies my "greener" wood for the pits at the restaurant (needs to be no older than 2-3 months) has me a couple of cords of 2 year old oak covered and ready for delivery and I'm going to pick up a cord of seasoned juniper out of the mountains near my cabin for jump start wood. That will probably get me through the year in this climate. Will definitely take your advice on the burn off procedure!

Stickburner

That juniper will burn hot and quick. But boy it smells great!

BeGreen,
You know, of all the woods I've ever burned...hickory, apple, oak, mesquite, pecan, peach, appricot, cherry, elm, mulberry, cottonwood, pine, fur, spruce, and a few more, I think that "Alligator Juniper" is my favorite, as far as just a plain ol' great fire to look at, smell, and enjoy.

Stickburner

Status
Not open for further replies.