Stove is in.... But not working correctly?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I left the stove unplugged for three hours. Plugged it in, turned it to feedrate of 4, Room Temp and 75 degrees. The combustion fan turns on at that's it. The distribution motor does not start up, nor does it begin to feed pellets. Switched over to Stove Temp, same deal.

I left it for 20 minutes with no results. This thing is screwed. :(

Scrib said:
So I left the stove unplugged for three hours. Plugged it in, turned it to feedrate of 4, Room Temp and 75 degrees. The combustion fan turns on at that's it. The distribution motor does not start up, nor does it begin to feed pellets. Switched over to Stove Temp, same deal.

You really didn't do anything to solve the issue!

Jump the low pressure switch or at least check it with a ohm meter to see if the switch is closed.

Otherwise you'd better contact your dealer.

Did you dealer set your draft with a guage?? I'll bet not. Please read page 20 in yor manual. Most likely you are not making enough vacuum to close the switch. They need to set your draft voltage!

jay

I don't have an ohm meter, so that's not going to work. :)

I did not see them set the draft. I'll call tomorrow.

jtakeman said:
Scrib said:

Jump the low pressure switch or at least check it with a ohm meter to see if the switch is closed.

Did you dealer set your draft with a guage?? I'll bet not. Please read page 20 in yor manual. Most likely you are not making enough vacuum to close the switch. They need to set your draft voltage!

jay

Any chance that they've already punched out for the outside air, this is affecting things? I did read page twenty and played around with things a bit. Didn't get any results.

jtakeman said:
Scrib said:

jay

What happens when you put the feed adjuster in test mode? Does it feed pellets and do the lights for the distribution blower, combustion blower, and feed motor light up? I am assuming the ignitor switch is set to auto, hopper is shut and latched, and the door is closed all the way. I know it's stupid, but when you're frustrated sometimes there's some little thing that's not being done correctly. If nothing works, have a beer and call your dealer in the morning.

Check the air hose going to the pressure switch it may have a tear in it near the connection, mine did the same thing to me. It would start sometimes and shut down then it just would run the combustion fan. I was poking around in the back and felt the hose going into the pressure switch and it was torn right at the end of the connection of the switch.

snipe.gif

Son of a...

Well, I'm not sure what fixed it. Was it a potential pellet clog when I cleaned out the hopper? Or was it the fact that I didn't properly latch the hopper, which I guess won't allow the distribution fan and feed to proceed? I hate my life.

It's burning now. I certainly have a lot to learn and will have them take care of the draft voltage when the come back to complete the OAK install. I'm going to bed. :)

You all have been extremely helpful (and patient) throughout. A really great resource.

newf lover said:
What happens when you put the feed adjuster in test mode? Does it feed pellets and do the lights for the distribution blower, combustion blower, and feed motor light up? I am assuming the ignitor switch is set to auto, hopper is shut and latched, and the door is closed all the way. I know it's stupid, but when you're frustrated sometimes there's some little thing that's not being done correctly. If nothing works, have a beer and call your dealer in the morning.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.