stove is officially stut down for the summer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
spent the last 3 hrs claen her out, took off all the motors, clean out the pipe, sprayed the inside with pap, and taped up the outside openings. glade it is all done. everyone have a safe summer. jim

Same to you mags, A Nice safe one at that.

Hate to admit it, But I miss mine already(Well except loading the hopper)!

I tried the Pam this year as a rust preventer. Hope it works! Mostly I hope it doesn't smell when I fire it back up this fall!

Take care and hope some luck comes your way.

Thought I was done, I ran mine for a couple hours last night, kind of cold and rainy out.

I must say this is what I love about a pellet stove over a wood stove, marginal days when you wouldn't even think of lighting the woodstove.

Last fire was a week ago today, burned out what pellets were in the hopper. Started the cleaning this morning, I'll finish it up after lunch, another couple hours should do it. Then start looking for pellets for next year, I'm in no rush, I think prices are still heading down in this neck of the woods. Have a good summer. all.

Pellet burning season is now officially over at my house too.
Cleaned and closed up the Advance about a month ago and finally had the time
today to take care of the XXV.

Cleaning the pellet stove and the pool in the same day just doesn't seem right tho ;-)
Hope all have a great summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.