Stove make, model, run time before cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll clean mine every 2 weeks during peak burning season, every 3 weeks otherwise. Burn pot scrapings occur a couple times daily using the Harman scraper whether it needs it or not. I will not deny myself the fun of poking around in there and thinking it's actually making a difference. It's a sickness. Sort of like sitting around a fire pit. Sure, it's fun just sitting around chatting it up with some friends and beers but having a nice fire poker stick really pushes the entertainment factor into pyro bliss ;)....as long as I'm the only one doing the poking cuz everyone else just screws the fire up cuz they don't know WTH they're doing! :)

ETA- P38 running 24/7

by the looks of Eric's stove pic the other day i think he is cured of opening the door to clean the glass now :p

Eric wasn't using the Mt V. He was using the cab50 IIRC........ Mt Vernons auto clean might disqualify it?

I heard of a M55 steel running 70+ bags of spruce pointes. So I know imacmans 59 can be beat. I may make a run at him someday?

Eric was using the PS-50 and I will never forget what that Firebox looked like :)

His Mt. Vernon is in his Home, so it can get a lil dirtier.

But his shop stoves have to have clean glass. Customer is gonna wanna see some flame action (and the volcanic mound of ash inside ;))

Reactions: jtakeman
Big-E. Once a week with NEWP. Ash would be 2-4 inches up the door. Never open the door when its running, never had to. 2 bags per day. Now I switched to Barefoot. looks as if I will make it 2 weeks, not sure, as I've only switched a week ago.

Thank you for all of your inputs. This new stove will be in the living room under the TV, so you can understand that I will something that is well built and nice to look at and the reliability.

I've visited Harman dealer today they do have very nice product, I wanted to see other brand but that was the only brand they carry. They had the Accentra free standing running it was very quiet and full blast. The insert was bit noisy.

I wanted to see the XXV running but it was sold out. So far I like what I see, but would like to see the Enviro as well.

Again thank for your of your inputs.

US Stove 6039 insert here. Usually once a week it gets a 20 min . vacuum and clean the burn pot. Could go longer (lately its been 2 weeks ) but its an inexpensive stove that has a low tech heat exchanger so I try to keep her as efficient as possible. Just finished my mid year fan and chimney big clean and will take her out and give her a good clean with compressed air at the end of the season.

Schoodog

1991 Vermont Castings #2230 Reliant Pellet Stove .... I clean her hopper, ash pan, vac the air tubes, and vacume the chamber under the pot every 2-3 weeks in colder times, dump ashes weekly.
In the early years I cleaned the flue more often, sometimes twice a year, it never had much. I cleaned it last week for the first time since .... a few years ago I'ld say.

Status
Not open for further replies.