1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Q&A Stove Parts for Scandia from Franklin Cast Products

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

QandA New Member Staff Member

Question:

I have a wood burning stove made by Franklin Cast Products Inc. Located in Warwick Rhode Island... It is imported from Taiwan, and is a Scandia # 315 Model number it. What I am looking for is replacement doors. The original doors are solid cast iron, and I would like to be able to view the fire. If you have and information as to where I may be able to find these parts please Email me at Rcourtjr@aol.com. I am also looking for a small door Approx. 3 x 3 inches. It is a swing door that is missing from the back of the stove.

Answer:

It is very unlikely that you will be able to do this. The doors are usually fit and drilled to the specific stove at the factory, and another pair might not fit. Also, since it was not designed with the newer glass systems, it is unlikely that your glass would stay clean even if you were able to somehow get your doors machined, modified or replaced. -

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.