Stove pipe connector question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ryanplante

Oct 24, 2018
Minnesota
Just moved in and trying to figure out what kind of connector is required for this existing pipe out to the chimney?

Attachments

• 90185222-C35A-4715-9E1F-3C7FFEB6EBC8.jpeg
    90185222-C35A-4715-9E1F-3C7FFEB6EBC8.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 134
Just moved in and trying to figure out what kind of connector is required for this existing pipe out to the chimney?
That looks like chimney pipe meant for a prefab fireplace. If so it is not rated to handle the heat of a woodstove. It also does not have the proper clearances or firestop. You need a full inspection of the system.

Just had an inspection done, they said everything looked great. Was wondering if there was a half of a thimble or some other connector they took off.

Just had an inspection done, they said everything looked great. Was wondering if there was a half of a thimble or some other connector they took off.
Who did the inspection? Do you have a copy of the report?

2nd generation chimney was the name of the company. I have it somewhere.
Is this going through a wall to an outside chimney or through the ceiling?

It goes through the wall into a chimney. I know that Sheetrock will need to cut back, but behind that is the foundation block.
Is this to a masonry chimney? I am thinking it may be a wall passtrough. But clearly there are parts missing