Stove pipe is leaking smoke into the house.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, I'm just concern that the op is getting smoke inside the house through joints, but also see smoke coming out the chimney, I saw the pics and thought the crimped ends should be facing down not up assuming it was single wall pipe. I really thought maybe the smells and smoke was liquid creosote dripping back to the stove and seeping into the joint, being the pipe was hot it was burning off at the seem and that's why there was smoke coming through, to me the pics look like an adjustable elbow because its large and off centered, the elbow dives into other black pipe and I see crimped ends so o thought it was single wall * I'm on the stupid phone right now so please excuse the spelling and grammar, thanks

Glad you got it fixed, this is about the time of year newer burners start having this problem, happened to me first year

Thanks for all the advice and help. Changed and cleaned the piping and the mesh screen cap was clogged. That was the issue. Stove is running fine now. Thanks

Awesome, good you're back up and running. It will be tough this year so keep your eye on it and see if you can get some wood drying for next year. It will make a big difference.

Glad that was the issue. Third cap clog this week. Happens every winter. I'd switch to double wall for the connector to keep the flue gases hotter. And I would run the stove hotter. In milder weather burn smaller, shorter hot fires instead of long, slow fires. And by all means think about getting next season's wood now, or better yet, yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.