Stove Pipe Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

khpony

Sep 28, 2019
Rociada, NM
My stove uses 8' stove pipe and I've figured out everything I need except the take off for the new installation. The PO had installed the pipe male ends facing down causing many problems last winter. The ID on the stove take off is 7 5/8". I'm having trouble identifying the correct adapter to fit the stove opening. I'm using 8" single wall snap lock black stove pipe and will use a slip joint at the ceiling penetration so it will slide in the ceiling adapter. Hope I've explained this correctly. Imperial offers a 8" stove top drip free adapter. I'm wondering if this is what I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_8820.JPG
    100_8820.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 197
I think that should work