Stove Pipe, Reverse Flow Direction?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
I bought all new stove pipe for my free standing All Nighter. It is DuraBlack 6" pipe from Home Depot, Two 24" straight pipes, and two 90 degree bends. I also got a damper connector to go with it. On each piece of pipe and damper is a directional arrow indicating the direction of air flow. It does not fit the stove in the direction it wants, but fits perfectly in reverse. How important is the manufacturer's designated airflow direction on the pipe and damper? The air is passing the same size pipe in either direction and the damper is just a standard key damper which appears it can go in either direction. I don't really see any issues reversing the flow or am I wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.